CancerHelp UK is a joint
project funded by the Cancer Research Campaign and the University of Birmingham. It aims
to provide clear and comprehensive information on cancer and its treatment free of charge.
- We are a low literacy project, so produce complicated information in a style and language that is easy to read and understand.
- The site includes information on the 10 commonest cancers, cancer treatment, information about cancer and how it develops, and some information on preventing cancer and healthy eating.
- Our aim is to extend the number of cancers we cover.
- We are in the process of developing a searchable clinical trials database, which will be available later this year.
- We are not able to answer specific medical enquires.
- However, we do have a 'frequently asked questions' section and site users are welcome to send their questions in.
- We cannot answer them all, and can only provide generalised replies which are posted on the site 6-8 weeks after the question is sent to us.
Please visit our web site for more information: www.cancerhelp.org.uk